Monday, March 5, 2012

Train Obsession

 I finally have a chance to put up some pics of Andy. Since everything the boy does has something to do with trains, I thought these would be appropriate. Most of his playroom is taken up with a train track.

The other day, I asked Andy, "If Mommy was a train, who would she be? Rosie? Emily?"

"No," he said, "Diesel 10!" Great. That's what every mother wants to hear.

I questioned further, "Which train would Daddy be?"

Andy cheerfully replied, "Big Thomas!" Apparently, Daddy is light years ahead of Mommy on the scale of diserable trains to be.

2 comments:

  1. When does the obsession start? Gotta be prepared for when Wyatt needs a train set. What train is Andy if he had to pick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy started getting into Thomas at about 18 months. My mother-in-law picked up "Knapford Station" from a thrift store, and it started with that. It keeps him busy for HOURS. He also has a kids picnic table outside. One side is flat, but the other has slants for a water/sand table, but the grooves fit the trains perfectly, so it's his train table outside. The best thing I had when Andy was a little younger was Leggo Duplos. My mother-in-law got a big box of them from said thrift store. Best thing ever. For whatever reason, he likes the duplos a lot better than the cheaper version - I think they are easier to stack. He started taking leggos apart a little before 1, but now he can build towers and zoos by himself.

      Delete