Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lost Cheerios

That Steven Curtis Chapman song, "Everything You Do," has been on my mind a lot lately. Whether you are picking up Cheerios off the floor (or letting the dog eat them) or the CEO of a company or a missionary, you are in the right place if you are doing everything for God's glory. I love it.

I was having a hard time with Andy this afternoon. He was being very 2. On the way out of church from Bible Study, he threw himself on the ground several times, and we had a few talks about obedience. We finally made it home.

At home, he refused to come inside. Finally inside, he splashed water EVERYWHERE when we washed his hands - all over me, himself, the bathroom. I didn't know so little water could go so far. Then, he refused to eat his snack. I decided to just put him down for a nap after a struggle with changing his diaper. Looking down the barrel of going straight to bed made Andy realize that maybe he was hungry after all, so we headed back to the kitchen for some cheerios and juice.

Needing just a minute to calm down, I was checking my email. When I turned around again, Andy had stuck a cheerio to his forehead and was "winking" at me (with both eyes at the same time). He was so cute that all the frustration just melted away. Of course, I stuck a cheerio to my forehead, too, and we had a good laugh together.

It's funny how being a parent can be so frustrating, but then you turn around, and it can be so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! Just when I start thinking that I'm going to ship Turner off to your house for the day, he does or says something precious...a smile, a kiss...and suddenly I've forgotten all of the ways that he's tried to push my buttons that day and I remember how fortunate I am to be his mom and stay home with him everyday!
    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete